R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EAMotorsports discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 05:08 AM
minibutmighty
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
I reconmend using Zubaks speed juice for breaking in motors. Its what I use here at home on all the motors I build.

On my site you will see that I reconmend also running a motor at 2volts for a few hundred seconds when you recieve them...especially people overseas!! When getting shipped I pack them as well as I can but with the motors being bounced around sometimes it may unseat the brushes. There shouldnt be any film on the comm's or brushes. I clean everything after dynoing them to ensure they are perfect when they arrive to the consumer.

EA
Cheers Eric, i might have to get colin to get me some of those drops. The last motors I got I took apart and skimmed before running them and then re seated the brushes, wasnt taking any chances.

Tell me do you zap the can of your motors? would me zapping them before I run them be beneficial?

And another question a bit off topic that some of you US guys or uk guys may be able to help me with, do you know of anywhere that I could order an 1/8th of an inch long series hand reamer??

Also I wont be dynoing any new motors, cos they are always good. I just intend to dyno one ive had a while and try different brushes, springs and see what my zapper does to the motor.

Last edited by minibutmighty; 01-24-2005 at 05:19 AM.