Thread: Serpent 747-e
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 04:29 PM
snuvet75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Dan_Vector,

I gotta tell you man, One of the things I like most about this hobby is learning and doing the research. There nothing better then looking at your completed build, knowing all the time and energy you spent figuring out how best to develop it to your liking.

So I narrowed my motor choice down to two. The LRP x12l 4.5t, and the LRP Dynamic 10l 550 you recommended.From what I read, I like both. I'm just waiting on a call back from LRP to explain the differences and then I will decide. Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

Next, I'm trying to shave off some weight on the 3s. I'm trying to figure out how much MAH I need since in general, the higher the mah—the heavier the battery—if I understand correctly.
Lighter battery may give you faster speed but you will sacrifice not only the length of run time( I suppose you're not going to race with this car since there's no known this scale racing) but also it affects weight balance. I wouldn't care much about how heavy the battery is but would consider weight balance more importantly first. So it will depend on your choice of electrics.
But hey, if you just want faster car however it runs, you can even get as low as 2000mAh though I doubt battery weight will make a huge noticeable speed difference anyway.