R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 06:45 PM
rtemske
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Can't fix binding on center motor mount

I'm stuck on my build and can't seem to figure this one out. My center motor mount is grinding against the bottom plate. It's a little hard to see, but in the attached picture there's a groove cut into the plate so that the spur gear can freely rotate. What's happening is that the gear is pressed up too tightly against the left side (as viewed in the picture) and it's rubbing against the side of that groove. (I'm not seeing any friction on the bottom - just the left side).

The manual doesn't call for any shims on that side (page 24 in the 8ight e 3.0 manual). I've tried adding one (I actually then tried adding about 10 just for the heck of it, but even that didn't solve the problem).

When the assembly is not mounted to the vehicle, everything rotates smooth as can be (so it's not an internal binding issue) - but once I mount it to the frame, the spur rubs against the bottom plate. I don't see how I can move it further to right (again from the viewpoint of the picture) so that it doesn't catch.

Any suggestions welcome - I must be doing something wrong or there would be hundreds of posts on this (and I couldn't find any - so I'm guessing it's just me

(BTW - I know the steering link is hanging on the dogbone in the picture, but it was pulled out of the way during testing and isn't the source of the friction).

Thanks in advance,

Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Losi Motor Mount.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	1209797