Thread: Serpent 747-e
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 01:54 PM
dan_vector
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Dan_Vector,

So over all how would you compare driving the eryx vs the 747e? I've been going back and forth on these two for a while now, and am strongly considering going with the 747e. I have the 747 nitro as well, but I want to set the 747e to go faster (80+ mph). There's a nice makeshift track area around me where I have the space to really open it up. Do you think a 3s lipo set up would disturb the handling much?
If your looking for speed then the 3s setup would be a must. The ERYX and 747e are very different cars particularly in the way the cars rotate and generate forward bite. The 747e generally has more traction available and you can drive it much harder than the ERYX. I love them both but for very different reasons. Sadly I can only race the ERYX and so the 747e is just a 'toy' at the moment. Right now I am enjoying driving my 747e more than the ERYX.

With regards to a 3s setup vs 2s and the handling characteristics. I'd say if you run something like an rx8 with heavier 4p motor (or a 550) then it'll balance quite well with a 3s pack. I'm yet to try a 3s setup but I'm sure I will eventually. Perhaps the Orion r10 pro 2-3s esc may also be a good option.