R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Sprint 2 Mods
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 03:32 AM
eospro
Tech Rookie

Hi all.
I have been reading this thread over the last couple of weeks (most of the 50+ pages)and must thank everyone that has posted, and a special thank you to Marv for starting a great thread. You have helped me in deciding to purchase a sprint 2 flux in the following weeks.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions once i get the car as reading and looking at pictures only gives you an idea how to do things, a new ball game with an actual car in front of you. And I hope to be able to return some Voodoo myself.

However i do have two questions at this stage. One of the first things i would like to do is upgrade the stock shocks with the Tamiya TRF shocks. The problem is most of the ones I have found are the TRF special shocks and they state they are for the Tamiya M chassis. Does anyone know if they will fit straight onto the sprint 2 or will I need to modify something. Have not been able to find that answer on this thread. Secondly, I'm having difficulty working out what Lipos will fit the sprint 2. I would like to get a Gens Ace. I understand I need a battery with rounded edges but not sure about the height exactly. As i can't yet use links, I hope this description describes the battery i'm looking at. Could someone advise if this would fit without any mods.
Gens ace 4000mAh 7.4V 25C 2S1P HardCase Lipo Battery 8#

Keep up on the good Voodoo and thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers Brad

Last edited by eospro; 06-24-2014 at 06:02 AM. Reason: adding info