R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 01:20 PM
carbons2k
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Originally Posted by AlderBoy
I absolutely could if any of spur gears I have personally seen strip weren't the result of poor mesh and/or bad pinions. If the plastic is weak and the design is flawed in some way make them fix it. But there needs to be more proof that the spur itself is the culprit. That is why I ask for details anytime someone posts they have stripped a spur.
Ive had a Delran spur in my SCTE for over a year and that truck takes more of a pounding than my D413 has ever or even could ever. I wouldn't mind a piece made from the same material.

Something else that HB might want to think about is reworking their center diff case to accept a traditional spur gear. Would make less headache for the consumer and easy to play with gearing on the fly. Looks like my D413 is on the shelf for a little while...

Originally Posted by Maxxican
I'm mostly an on-roader but do run off road also and i'm patiently waiting for my D413 on order.

This is just an idea. In onroad running MOD 5.5T - 4.5T motors I've had issues with spurs stripping because of the "Breaks" being set to 100% on the ESC and on the Radio. I soften the breaks to 90% and problem gone. Could that be the Spur issue?
I have a 8.5 in blinky mode (no boost/timing) and my breaks are set at about 65% Its the spur. Even at 100% brakes... I NEVER had an issue carving up a spur gear from my ZX5 when I had it....