R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4'14
Thread: Xray T4'14
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 07:59 AM
homerthefourth
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
You said you are using the basic kit setup so I assume you are using the 2.5 springs all-around. I had a similar issue a few weeks ago where we had some pretty high traction. My car was to soft and was rolling to a point and had no where else to go so the rear was letting go when I was getting off power. I was told to stiffen the car up a little. I am running the aluminum chassis, but I have my top deck split completely down the middle to allow the car to have more flex on our lower grip track at home here in Dallas. I put on a stock 2.0mm top deck and stiffer springs and the car was much better. I am guessing you are not running the aluminum chassis and a top deck like mine. Since yours is prob kit stock I would try some stiffer springs like 2.7's and see how that does. It worked pretty well for me.
A week ago I had an aluminum chassis on one of the cars as well as graphite arms. At that point the car seemed really loose. So went back to the graphite chassis and hard arms on it.

I can try 2.7s all the way around and see what's up with that.

Maybe I just don't know what I'm seeing or feeling. I"m glad you fellas are down to help. It's all a learning experience.

Last edited by homerthefourth; 06-21-2014 at 09:59 AM. Reason: spelling