R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 11:31 AM
JDJamminX1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default AE Shock caps, Aleternative

Here is a picture of the AE Caps installed. I ran them through practice on Tuesday at OCRC. Install of caps was a breeze. They look factory. What I used was the original plastic caps from the AE B5/B5M buggy. Fitment was pretty good. There was someone on here that said that they felt like the threads were stripping, but just a little. When I installed these they fit pretty good. Tight, but didn't feel like that were cross threading or anything. I used the bladders from the D413, cut to emulsion. They fit in there perfect, like they were meant to be. There is 0.50-1mm gap from the cap to the lip on the shock body. This might get dirt in there, but you could use a oring to combat that.

They held up through about 4-6 packs of long practice, with SC's gunning for me in every corner.

A good alternative, at least till the alum caps are released.

The only thing to look out for is fitment on the front. They felt a little bound up initially. If this is the case with yours, just add a .50mm shim to the back of the standoff you use and it should be perfect. Rear had no issue and completely free.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	768
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	1207955