R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 06:35 AM
snoopyrc
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Loco4G63T
Hi everyone,

I am new to VTA racing. I am going to run my 13' Xray T4 with my own brass weight system to include two brass weights that two other companies produce. My car weighs in at 1562 with body and am 6mm ride height front and rear. The only foreseable issue I have with VTA rules is the GTB 3/ Ballistic 25.5. I have one question with regards to gearing. I have the 64 pitch setup with a 35t pinion and 116 spur. Will this fly on a 90x60 track roughly? I also posted some pics of my first VTA body/ 1966 Mustang GT. Most of the details are painted in to include all the lights, chrome, stripes and window trim. I look forward to any and all feed back.
Originally Posted by mikel33
Your gearing is, unfortunately, a ways off. your fdr is about 6.3 and you should be somewhere in the vicinity of 3.5 to 3.75 (I pretty much run 3.5 with as much timing as the motor can handle - others may do it differently). The 116 spur is much too big. I have run several xray's in vta, including a 2013 and for that size track I would use a 92 tooth spur and maybe a 49 tooth pinion - then gear / adjust timing based on motor temp & performance.
Your gearing might be a ways off but your paint is spot on. Welcome to USVTA. On a 90x60 track I like my fdr lower with more torque. Closer to 3.8. That's just my preference.
Nice job on the paint.