R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity kill shot motors
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 10:58 AM
SlowerOne
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yosh70
I recently purchased a Killshot 21.5R for my TC6.1 for the upcoming carpet racing season.
Running a MMP for an ESC and altho we need to run "blinky" mode for the VTA class I'm running, I'd like to play around with the timing to see how she'll run. Mech timing vs static (ESC) timing, is there a lot of difference?

The MMP has "cheat" mode with adjustable timing which is what I'd like to use, can I get the same effect with this as mech timing?
There's no difference between mechanical timing and static ESC timing. If you have a static amount of timing it's the same throughout the rev range.

There is a big difference between static and dynamic timing. Dynamic timing will make a motor faster throughout the rev range because the timing goes in when the motor can use it, whereas with static timing the timing can only be used at the point it is most useful - usually at the top of the rev range. Apart from the that, the excess timing just creates excess heat.

If you are certain that the ESC timing is static, then you can have the same effect with the mechanical timing. But, as you say, if it is a blinky class the the Esc timing is illegal. HTH