R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 03:31 AM
kikerumbo
Tech Rookie

Default Speed Passion Reventon PRO

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

I bought a Reventon PRO v1 (not the 1.1). After test it with a Robitronic 4.5, a Speed passion 3.0 13.5T and a Speed Passion 3.0 10.5T, it does the same with all of them.

Accelerating from a stopped position or from low revs, the motors make an awful noise but they don't turn. If you push the car and then hit the throttle, it runs.

The ESC leds are both blinking, the orange and the red one, all the time from second one you turn it on.

I read the manual book and it states that a red blinking led is equal to low battery voltage (no way, because two chargers and two voltage meters say 8.3v on each of the three batteries I tested).

Also it says that a blinking orange led means "overheating", no sense when you just turn it on. I read somewhere that it can also mean a sensor communicating error.

I did the calibrating sequence for my Sanwa MT-4 as the book says, like 10 times.

I updated and downgraded the firmware to test the MOD0, MOD1, MOD2, STOCK0 and STOCK1 (actualy on this one)

I also read for close to an hour this forum, but with +800 pages I couldn't find a similar problem. I'm sorry if the answer is here already.

Does this mean the ESC has the sensor board "fried"?

Thanks.

Last edited by kikerumbo; 06-16-2014 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Add info...