R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 02:19 PM
John Wallace2
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Its not as simple as just going off a 21.5 motor specs. Each spec motor class ie 21.5, 17.5 and 13.5 has different size wires along with the number of wires used as the "spec". This is the problem with open 25.5 motor rules there is no way to know what any other company is doing in their motor without any ROAR motor rules.
I'm sure the wire gauge and the type of wind could be just as easily changed with a global find and replace.

I checked the 25.5 brushless motors on A main Hobbies and 4 of the 6 manufactures listed there (including Novak's BOSS 25.5) state in their product descriptions that their 25.5 motors are either approved by ROAR or built to comply with ROAR Specifications. So someone is confused here!!

Anyway I sent an email to ROAR asking if there are Specs for 25.5 spec brushless motors and if there are any approved 25.5 brushless motors that just happen to not have made the publishing date for the approved brushless motor list on their website. I'll let you know what ROAR has to say about ROAR approved motors for use in ROAR's VTA class.