R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411 Eryx 3.0
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 10:15 AM
snuvet75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by cwoods34
Also, just wanted to mention something about the aluminum chassis plate.

A lot of people worry that the aluminum will bend too easily or become permanently tweaked after a few board taps......

Last weekend I had some pretty nasty hits (17.5). Our layout had a full-throttle right-turn on the left side of the track that had a fairly square apex. We don't have ClikTrak at the moment. I hit this apex at full throttle a few times, along with a couple of tumbles through the sweeper. Over the two days I ran over 30 or 40 battery packs through the car.

I did NOT even need to de-tweak the car once. There was not one time on the track that I felt something was off or that a part of the car was out of alignment. On the first pack I set the radio trim for exact turn angle left and right, and so that the car went perfectly straight on the backstretch. 40-something packs later including all the above mentioned hits and through qualifying/traffic the car would still track so perfectly straight on the backstretch that I did not even need to have my hand on the steering wheel.

Basically what I'm saying is, that if you have a hit hard enough to permanently tweak or bend the aluminum chassis, you probably would have broken a CF plate or done enough damage to other parts that it would cost the same to repair either way.

Unless you run on a huge track or the boards are made of pillows, I would always run an upper deck at the least for structural support.

Hope this helps with some of the confidence issues people have
You have already run 40 packs? Amazing.. I'm eager to see mine. I'm glad to hear your feedback on the aluminum chassis.