R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 01:43 AM
ps71
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Salkin
My second HW Xerun 150A in just two months went up in flames. Literally. Had to save my car from going up in flames.

I have two buggies with a HW combo installed in both. Couple of months ago the esc went up in smoke in one of the buggies, and last night the other went out in flames and smoke. Killed a lipo also.

The esc was less than 6 months old, the first just a couple of months.

I have the esc's mounted in my E 3.0's and as you know they are mounted directly on the chassis plate in my case only with a single thin piece of self adhesive tape.

I suspect thay the esc's are not strong enough to withstand this kind of mounting.

It's like the esc at some point just breaks down internally and short circuit itself which causes the massive melt down with smoke and fire.

I'm not saying anything bad about the HW esc, maybe other brand of esc's would not be able to withstand this amount of uncushioned stress.

What are you guys doing to protect your esc. I would hate to have my esc sit and wiggle around or in a pool of shoe goo or somethimg like that. But maybe you just can't have both? I like how it sits flat and neat on the chassis. Maybe the electronics are not just up for the job, yet?
Try this

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...ng-Gel-1-Sheet