R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 07:24 AM
AudioStylz
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven3707
Hey all. I am new to this thread, and new to touring cars in general. I just bought a virtually new TC6 with a TC6.1 rear diff. and a spool up front. Running a Novak GTB and a Tekin Redline 17.5 turn motor and an Orion vds 1007 (0.07 sec 138 oz. in) servo with 4 nice shells for 120$. The problem is I have taken it out to an empty parking lot (after raising the ride height) and had a great time drifting around. And not drifting slow like you see some guys doing. I had a blast and now that I have seen the whole VTA look I like it even more. Should I sell this car and buy a TC4 and build a super fast brushless demon with the profits? or just build it out of this? Did I get a good deal at 120$? If so, what is it worth approximately? I'm not trying to be greedy, but I saw a chance to pick the TC6 up cheap and I know that they aren't that cheap to build.
You can build a VTA car with your current TC6. I have a TC6 setup for USGT and it does very well for me in practice. Only have 1 club race on it so far with the dozen other runs in practice.

For $120 you got a TC6 and 4 good shells, sounds like a good deal to me. I got mine for $100, came with a good servo, spare front and rear diffs, set of front and rear arms, body, older USGT wheels/tires, and a few other spare parts.