R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Project RC BMW ///M3
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 06:02 PM
ViperZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evo 13
ViperZ,

Nitro racing cars run 26mm foams. The regular nitro cars run 26mm rubber, downside is that they balloon. But I wanted to try rubber tires with wheels (more stylish look) with fishing rod and shoe goo to prevent ballooning to give my m3 a stout look (3mm offset front 6mm offset rear), for example look at the wheels on the white M3 I uploaded on this thread.
Right, ballooning is an issue. I tape all my 1/8 tires or buy belted whenever available. I have heard of the monofilament and shoe goo, I may try one day. I just use a few wraps of duct tape, and it works well.

I use a water bottle to flip the tires inside out on so I could get the tape down nice and tight with out deforming the tire too much

Duct tape for belting

Gluing the back side.

Then a balance

Lead tape

Heavy point marked

Tape in place, tire is balanced

Runs nice and smooth and should be good up to +80mph

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Dude, your car look badass. The combo of chassis, body, and wheels look professionally done. And I know what you mean by wanting to do over the body. I've noticed that whenever I do a second version of the same body shell it always comes out much better. Its like you learn how to work with the layout of the bodyshell during the first go at it.
Thanks Evo! So true, second time around experience can be applied