R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TT02 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 04:24 AM
addicted2blue
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JD Skyline
Just being curious... What were those other cars like compared to your TT-02?

Reason for asking, I drive a TB03 in our TC Club competition ( 17.5T). I like the TB03 very much and its fun to drive. Even though the TB03 is pretty basic I won the first race with it against better and newer cars. So I've thinking of buying a TT-02 drift spec and getting it race ready...just as a new challenge...in our club competition.

What do you guys think?? Will the challenge be worthwhile or should I just forget about it??
The other guy that was running with me had also a TT-02, but he had a brushed carson cup motor (wich has a significant higher rpm then a torque tuned motor) and he was running a 46T pinion while i was only using a 44T pinion.
The track is large enough to use even larger pinions but that's the maximum of pinion he can use at our belgian tamiyacup series.
There were other guys running some TA04 and Schumacher cars (don't know the type of them and i also don't know what kind of motors they were running) but still i was faster then those guys.

To give u an answer to your question if it's worth to buy the TT-02D version, then i must say that in my opinion i find it a challenge to have a less better car and to tune it to it's maximum and then challenge those better cars on the track.
Most of the time i'm able to have equal or better lap times then those guys with better cars and faster motors.
But this all comes down to drive the car to it's maximum abilities and to drive as smooth and as fast as you can on the track without making any mistakes.
Personal i think the TT-02 has a lot of potential, but to get the car improved to it's maximum then it will cost a lot of money.
For that money you can easily buy a TRF version.
For example, somtimes i check on sites what it would cost me for buying all the hop-up parts that can improve the cars handling of weight and without the car itself it costs easily over $300 on parts (without shipping cost or other electronics).
That's more then 2 or 3 times the cost of the car.
If that's worthed to you then you should do it, but it still is a lot of money to spend on a basic car.