R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion
Old 05-25-2014, 02:47 AM
oldenuff
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? 235mm outlaw

hi guys i live in Sydney Australia and we don't have a pro 10 class here to my knowledge. however we do run a class of car that is similar but different, we run 200 to 235mm lola type pan car bodies on converted 1/10 4wd touring cars unlimited tyre choice ( foams mainly ) it is just a class of go as fast as you can, the only limitations are 540 motor and 7.4v batteries. the cars are extremely fast and our biggest hurdle is heat build up, we only run 5 minute races but with all wheel drive traction and slightly heavier cars our electrical current levels are probably higher then what you guys experience in pro 10. my question is to anybody who knows
( or cares ) is how will your dedicated 1/10 2wd pan cars go against our hybrid awd touring cars?, the reason i ask is i know i can get my 1/12th pan car around quite well and will a larger version ( your pro 10s ) be the solution to our heat problems? i am just trying to get an advantage as there is no rule that says no pan cars, yes i realise i wont be able to bury the throttle as early as i have the luxury of doing now but i could theoretically run insane top end speeds and our track being an outdoor gas type track has a few speed sections. So if anyone has tried or knows about comparisons between the 2 cars any advice would be greatly appreciated
cheers
oldenuff