R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Drivers Etiquette, How to teach your fellow racers without knocking their teeth out
Old 05-23-2014, 11:09 AM
dezertranger96
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by bambambennett
Jacob, you get it. I tried everything to keep it together Wed night. As you no, I am a descent driver without wicked moves, a bit more on the smooth side. As running from7th qualifier up to 2nd I figured I was out of the mess, then whammy as a car flies across the pipes head on into me. To add to the nightmare certain drivers there just can't grasp the fact we have open wheels on the buggies. Talking to our RD does nothing. I have asked him to do something about this a number of times with no results. When he did, he was calling out people who weren't an issue. It really just boils down to the fact our stock class is full of guys trying to win no matter what without any concern about doing it clean. I completely understand when something happens on the track by accident like when the 2 of us got together in Mod on the step on step off. You are not an issue as I can see, you drive as clean as possible without any wicked moves unlike some others.When the driving is clearly too aggressive is what my issue is about. Try to talk to RD, but I think it will go nowhere. BTW, if you need some tips or help getting your B5 dial I would be glad to help you.

My opinion is the RD should have a clear meeting before the races(each heat and main) talking about clean races. He should also penalize the people who don't drive clean if they are complained about,legit complaints.
i agree, meetings and penalties would fix 75% of it, the other 25% is people getting to caught up in the moment and getting mad and just blasting people everywhere. I personally am only going to run stock at large events from now on, like Brian does. its just not worth dealing with the no-respect driving, and the vehicular punishment on my $500 cars, now the Mod class is all about clean driving, SStruck is fairly clean too although right now my set up is so far off i am messing everything up in those races, i still try to be considerate and pull over as i change things and adjust stuff to get my car dialed in. people just think "oh, just drop it on the track, its perfect out of the box" meanwhile they are crashing and burning the rest of us during the race, i dont know how many times i just took the wide line because i am not on pace and wanted to see the good battles stay battles. that is what racing is about, evenly matched cars where it comes down to driver skill.