R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Protoform Mazda6 GX Handling?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 08:28 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dan_vector
The sweep body is very good. I'd say that it is all the good things from both the ltrc and the GX all rolled into one. Aggressive and stable at the same time! Will be interesting to hear you feedback vs the GX.
That's funny that you mention that. I was visually comparing the stc4 body with the ltcr and gx last night and noted that the nose is very similar to the ltcr (although with a slightly longer splitter for even more steering), and the rear looks to be about half way between the ltcr and gx.
The sweep body looks to have a lower center of gravity as well.....I had to lower my body mounts front and rear. The 1mm rear wing is a nice touch that comes with the kit. PF charge $12 extra for a thick wing iirc. Since the belt line is lower on the sweep body, you can run a taller wing and still have it below the roof line. The rounded edges of the sweep body should make for higher top speeds on fast courses too. The gx has very sharp lines. I do like the look of the pf bodies better, but function before fashion.