R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Ta06
Thread: Tamiya Ta06
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 01:37 AM
DAT TA06Drifter
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info Atomic Garden. I just remembered i have a 26 tooth pinion laying around that I haven't tried out yet.

I'm using the stock pinion & spurs.

Also, regarding that problem I had previously with oil leakage, i decided to eliminate the use of oil completely.

If I'm doing grip racing, I would buy them red o-rings and some of that anti-wear grease to put around the diff gasket and those o-rings.

However, at the moment I am drifting it, so i got a spool/direct coupling at the rear, and a one-way diff at the front. Both do not need oil, so no more leakages!

One-way was a hefty $44, but I like how my car can now do hairpin turns with the one-way, as if it has a hand brake/e-break. At the moment it whips around a little too violently when i apply the brakes, so I'm going to reduce break force with the ESC, so the rear doesn't swing out too fast. Maybe play around with drag brake and initial brake force while I'm at it.

If you have watched some vids on youtube of RC cars drifting then sliding into a gap to park perfectly, they most likely have a one-way. I was wondering why I couldn't pull off some stunts before, thought it was just my driving skill.

How many damn posts until i get to post pictures?!