R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 05:31 AM
Zylux
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gayosaka
Now that the lightweight chassis has been out for a while, I'd like to know your feeling about it. Is it only useful for low grip and you suffer on high grip, or is it versatile enough using the sideguards that you can use it successfully on high grip too?

I run on high grip astro tracks, so I need the stiffness, but I also happen to run on really slippery tracks (unprepared dirt or gym floor) where I could do with a softer chassis.

Thx
Sorry I can't help, but funnily enough I just received all of the Kyosho alloy and carbon parts a few hours ago and just finished fitting the lightweight chassis. Will try it out tomorrow but I'm not experienced enough to give constructive feedback on it's effect on handling at this stage.

One thing I can say is that the LW chassis actually weighed 29.8g less than the standard one though - more than advertised!

On another note, I tried the car today on our local dirt/clay circuit where apparently everyone else runs rear motor because of lack of traction for MM. It was very dusty (track not swept) I was lapping faster and more consistently than a guy with a rear motor B5 and my car actually felt a lot worse with a 30g weight added to the rear; maybe more forward weight bias isn't a bad thing after all. The RB6 was jumping extremely nicely and much better without the weight added to the rear.

So far the only rear tires that are working on this track for me are the AKA Impact Evos in SS compound. Rebars and Deja-Vu rears have no traction and Rebar fronts are also very poor. The pinstripe evo fronts aren't too bad but the 3 rib fronts are the best so far for me. Based on this are there any other tyres I should try on the front? Proline M4 Hole Shots worth a shot?

On another note; man do tires wear out quick!!!