R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 03:20 PM
jones8352
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jakesterama
What kind of carpet track are they running? On-road style? Small jumps / elevation changes euro style? You may want to check rules on tire choice. Spike tires are really hard on on-road style carpet (CRC/Ozite style) and most tracks won't let you run any spike tire on the on-road track in the off-road classes.

If you are going to run Schumacher, I would say yellow compound. Blue is really stiff, and only good for really tall astro or grass. On our track the Mini Pin offers the most traction, but is really edgy. Most of us have the outer 3-4 rows of pins ground off with a dremel. The Mini Spike makes for a easier drive and much less chance traction roll. I CA'ed the outside edge of my fronts to take away a little more sidebite. dBoots Nanobite's seem to be right in the middle, offering the traction of the Mini Pin, but the side bite of the Mini Spike at our track.
I was told Euro style but I haven't see it yet. You know I think I'm going to wait until I see the carpet I don't need any more tires that might not work. My wife thinks I'm a tire junky, between my 1/8 and 1/10 rig I have close to a 100 sets of tires. LOL I like rc tires.