R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 08:21 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jones8352
The UPS man just delivered my new Pro-line body for my d413 if it ever gets shipped from Amain. But if I ever get the buggy it will have a nicely painted body waiting for it. I've been waiting so long it would be terrible to get the kit and wait for a week for my painter to do the body. You gotta look sharp when you bring a new kit to it's first race. Here's a kicker, I just found out that the nice indoor clay track that I love so much is moving closer to my home, yahoo. Found out one other little detail instead of clay they're planning on going with carpet.............I'm sad!!!! I do have other options but makes sad, great group of guys and the owners are super. I tried to talked them out of it but they're tired of moving dirt 4 times a year....Now to race on dirt I'll have to drive 75 miles one way, life sucks sometimes. I've raced on carpet a few times, it's ok but traction is so good it takes some tuning out of the process. Makes it too easy for new comers, they don't have to pay their dues imo......
I don't think carpet is easier, it is just a different game requiring a completely different driving style. Better stock up on yellow compound Schumacher Minipins!