R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 12:25 AM
Salkin
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Sounds good I am going with 5,7,3 this week. In my 2.0 572 was pretty good. I was thinking today when I was doing the diffs that 35 35 in the shocks would probably feel better. That would be weird seems how I have never owned a kit and ran same oils front and rear. I may do some more table testing and just go ahead and start with 35 35. The rear with 27.5 I could tell was going to be way to light. I think I am going to try 114 as well and add if needed. It may take a couple of weeks. We have a trophy race coming at the end of the month so I definitely need to get her dialed in asap. Thanks for the tips.
I don't know which Phend setup you tried, but did you notice the setup he posted here some pages back:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/13042534-post1439.html

I copied this setup to my sons and mine E 3.0's, as we drive on somewhat similar tracks as the Fear Farm Raceway.

I can't see which kind of track you are running on, so don't know if this setup is relevant. Anyway:

We have changed the shock oils to 45F/40R, as this suits our particular track better.

I'm not a pro racer and I have just started experimenting with setup, so please take my advise with "caution".

I made another change to my car, because I think i did not have enough (or fast enough) initial steering going into tight 180 degree turns, which there are some of on our track.

There are probably tons of combinations of setup changes to gain more off power steering, but I didn't want to mess up the whole setup, so i tried to install the short ackerman link, which gives a more aggressive initial steering, so the car turns faster into the tight turns.

So for now, I have used the short ackerman link to gain some more off power steering, so that the car much more nimbly snaps around those 180 degree turns while still being sufficiently stable not to become "twitchy" in other parts.