View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 06:53 AM
Bill K
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stray monkey
Hi guys,
Hoping someone can help.

I have an LRP Flow Works ESC in my TC and whichever motor it's combined with, when under throttle or coasting, it can randomly "cough/stutter" for a brief second. I simply cannot pinpoint the issue. Anyone else experienced this before?
Hey man, downloaded the newest modified software for my Dad this afternoon and after setting it up came across the same issue. It'd only do it after touching the throttle, when the radio was off it seemed to remain stationary. Anyway, firstly I'd make sure you've done your throttle-neutral positioning on the ESC. Simple routine initiated through holding down the 'set' button on the speedy. I'm sure you'd know. If this still fails, set neutral position whilst holding down the throttle a tiny bit, so there's no direct split point which may be causing it to stutter now. At least with this method it's tricked into being slightly on the breaks instead. May or may not work, just something that I found was a solution.

Also a quick question, I've noticed with the new firmware that there's no Li-Po safe/cutoff configuration? Is this automatically set to default (3.2v). Haven't done alot of reading, may have been mentioned here before or in the manual. Apologies if that's the case.

Cheers,
Bill.