R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 01:09 PM
HeavyD99
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suzukipro
Not saying there is anything wrong with them, just wondering if anyone prefers to run them with bladders, if bladders don't fit/work in them, what other shock options are available that do have bladders is the question.
Ahh, a Frankenbuggy, LOL. Plenty of other shocks fit I'm sure, I think someone on here used the Kyosho shocks for a time but noticed them to be significantly heavier than the Xray OEM shocks. I've ran TLR 22 BB's on my 511, but limiting was much different, and so then was droop, sure it worked, but wasn't ideal - this was until Tamiya came out with their own shocks. The other thing is - the fastest guys for Xray run the OEM shocks and no bladders. Actually no one runs bladders in off road - not AE, TLR, Xray - why do you want bladders? You might be over thinking things. Avid or the Schelle pistons (who make 1.6 & 1.7 2 holes as well as the 1.5+1.1 & 1.6+1.1 pistons) are "true" fit pistons. Yes, better than the Xray OEM pistons and are a worth while investment - as are the Exotek aluminum bleeder caps. Put those together and now you have a great shock package.

Now, what o-rings to use for my rebuild.......