R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 12:57 PM
regets ama
Tech Apprentice

Default ROAR and other sanctioning bodies

Items become "APPROVED" and then later "DISALLOWED". Reads to me like the approval process is broken.

If a manufacturer submits their product for approval and has a history of altering/changes its integrity, the manufacturer puts themselves at risk.

A mutual agreement between the manufacturer and the ruling body regarding the product submitted should quash future altering/changes of that specific product or be banned from submitting future products for approval.

If the manufacturer wants to alters the product it should have to resubmit their "version 2".

Lastly, the product being submitted should include the item with any and all tools (cards) that affect the product.

Race Tech is only a policing of the products according to the body of rules the race falls under. Race Tech should be completed by that body or a representative schooled by the body. I have run in several ROAR or sanctioned events and yet to have my motor tore down or even the esc viewed for blinky mode. Frankly, I usually see the cream of the crop still on the podium and have faith their integrity exists (and reason I end up in the B Main due to my own driving limitations).

I just hope my HW isnt disallowed from VTA otherwise I am off to the hobby shop for another guessing game of esc choices and wondering how long it will be APPROVED.