R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 07:11 AM
chiefj48
Tech Master

I've been reading this thread for awhile, and find it interesting how some want to reinvent the wheel. WHY??
I've been racing RC Cars for over 25yrs, but am new to 1/10 scale electric.
I had NO idea of what class to run, let alone what equipment to buy.
With the help, and guidance from a few local racers, I built a USVTA car.
I've NEVER had more fun racing RC then I am NOW. The reason being, most guys in this class, are having fun, laughing on the drivers stand, and just enjoying themselves. It doesn't matter if your going 5mph, or 500mph, it's the competition that gets your interest.
The best part about USVTA is ALL the guess work is already done for me. I look at the rules, (simple), I write down ALL the part numbers I need, and proceed to purchase my items to go racing. when I get to the track, everyone is running the same STUFF.....
I go out on the track, and learn how much better my competitor's skills are compared to mine....
I go out, and practice, and fine tune my skills, and chassis, never once having to worry about my ESC, or Motor.
My learning curve has been fairly easy, and I see improvement every race.
The fast guys are still faster with the same equipment, but I am getting closer to their skill levels.
Now if I had to worry about Batteries, ESC, and Motors, it would be a different story!!!
Most of those that want to change this class seem to have more time/years in 1/10 scale RC Racing, and want more performance from their cars, and I get it.
In my opinion USVTA is a beginner class/novice/fun/spec Racing. If those that want to go faster, have more power, or have more choices, and make changes, stop and think for a minute, you will see that there are other classes for you to do that.
Why change a winning recipe????
So back to my original question, WHY do you want to change a FUN class instead of moving up to a class where you can do ALL the things you want to??
Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel???
I think it is in the best interest of RC to have this class as is...
Are you afraid of being a little fish in a big pond, or is it, you need to be a big fish in a little pond???