R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 08:32 AM
orcadigital
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Good to hear. I do not usually run the Serpent springs, but RSD, sometimes HPI or Xray, though I have the Serpents as well.

I did get the car on asphalt for the first time, and with it a 5.5 mod motor (first time discounting twice in practice on small indoor carpet tracks). Car was decent with the carpet setup, just raised ride height but then started with some bigger changes to shock position and track. Car was decent by the end, but inconsistent, though I would put that more squarely on the tires.

I was out with a team ARC driver and he had brought the rest of his Hot Race tires from the pre worlds so we ran those down. Once they had 3-4 5 min batteries on them, they were shot. He had one blow out and another that bubbled due to the belt splitting. We will be moving to the new ones when they come out in prep for Kissimmee in October.

I will say, mod was an absolute blast, and getting to open it up on a big outdoor track was awesome. I drove his ARC (with a 4.0) and it was actually too much, with the 5.5 being a bit light. Will be putting a 4.5 in it for our next outing, along with the new bladed spool and building some rear diffs with 7k and 10k to try out. Excited about the 3.0, but just learning to drive at speed and on low grip asphalt first.