R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4'14
Thread: Xray T4'14
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 03:40 AM
Skiddins
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
I ran an aluminum chassis today on low to medium asphalt track. 125x60ish..

I left the same setup on the car from the graphite chassis. It was really good the last time I ran.

The first run: with the aluminum chassis

The car had a bad mid corner push. I went from a spool to a front diff(150k). Car rotated better but still pushed.

I then soften the front swaybar, took out some Ackerman. Wow the car was good now.

2nd run:

Traction came up and the car started the mid corner push again. I lowered the front diff and again it was money.

3rd run:

I put on new tires (40 sweeps- our spec tires). It was looseon entry at low speed and pushed high speed entry. I went to a Mazda gx6 and the car became more balanced.

Main:

The car was great and I set my fast lap of the day (17.1 down to 16.8).

Although in the second half of the race the tires got hot(I think car is just to heavy. 1446g). My times dropped by .5 and second place caught me and passed me.

All in all I like the chassis. One weird thing though. The car see sawed back & forth front to rear on the slow tight sections when I applied the throttle. (I hope that makes sense). I the going up on shock oil will cured this.

Oh yeah no scratches on chassis. I use a chassis protector and it looks great.

Joe
I ran mine yesterday with the asphalt chassis on a slightly bumpy asphalt track. The car felt better than expected but I don't think it was better than the kit chassis.
I used the same setup and the only real problem I had was if the rear lost a little grip mid corner (presumably due to a bump etc. the rear end would try to slide out instead of the chassis flexing and 'riding' the bumps.

Not bad but I'll be going back to the kit chassis at that track.
Skiddins