R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thisguy2849
I've owned built and raced both cars. Ease of build and ease of everything going together Xray wins hands down. I think Yokomo could have dumped the Philips head screws but not a huge deal. Dif build on the Yokomo was terrible. Sanding and reaming gears on a high end kit should not have to be done and neither should having to by another companies orings to insure it doesn't leak. Yokomo is a great car once you buy all the hop up/required tuning parts. Graphite parts on the Black Series are very brittle. I would recommend the Xray over the Yokomo to a newer racer or somebody that doesn't want to build a car and the have to order a couple hundred dollars of other parts to tune it
New diff now comes with orange o-rings and hex screws for the diff, I never had any issues with the standard o-rings. The new diff seems even tighter with the new o-rings in though, even with sanding them down. Has anybody else had any experience with the new diff, I assume as this is a going change to the car that new kits will change over as well?

Last edited by Bar; 05-05-2014 at 04:43 AM.