R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Mopar
Tech Addict

Back from a day at the track. I signed up for 2wd 13.5 class as usual. We end up with a mixed bag of 3 x 13.5 and 2 x mod 2wd. So for the second round I ran the D413 and ran a lap faster than my 2wd 13.5 and ran it in the main as well for another lap over the second round. My problem is I have to push myself to drive in 4wd mode. Now I'm only running a 9.5 while the 2wd mod's were running 7.5 motors. The car was fast, responsive, nimble and easy to drive, all while not feeling on "the edge". After the mains were over I let 3 friends drive the car and all 3 will be ordering cars this week. The funny thing was that all three said the car had too much steering for their preference. All the changes through out the day was to take steering out of the car and I felt the car was fairly neutral, but I have a few ideas for improvements. First off will be a harder front sway bar, around 20 - 25%, and tune from there. Only thing I need to order for spares are front shock shafts. I could have sold a half dozen kits if I'd had them.