R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speedmerchant Rev 8
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 06:11 PM
avink007
Tech Regular

Default Transverse vs Inline

I finally got the chance to run my car inline this last Sunday. I have been running my car transverse since I got it. My new local track is Ho-B Max in Durham, NC. The track is great for testing because they leave the same layout out for a while and grip level (medium) stays pretty consistent.

I have raced at this track twice now, first week transverse and this last weekend inline. The transverse setup I had on my car was what I thought pretty fast running a 10.70ish fastest lap that weekend and same lap as another driver there. Running the car inline I dropped my fast lap to a 10.58, the other driver hit a 10.68 for track comparison. So for me the car was over a tenth quicker fast lap plus it was easier to drive.

For my inline setup I ran pretty close to what Josh ran in Denver with a few small changes. 0.018" AE front springs, 0.020" side springs, Pro One RC team purple fronts / blue rears, 1/2° camber and found out that my old skool front end was machined at 3° caster according to the Slapmaster gauge.

All in all I am very happy with the car, can't wait to get a new school front end and the sweet looking new side links.

Thanks for the great car!