R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 12:25 PM
wtcc
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Wow! I never saw you writing this enthusiastic. I like that. Gaining one full tenth on a well known track with an already good setup is a lot!

While we are speaking about the chassis: Yesterday I was on a newly paved outdoor track. Of course a lot of Xray guys were there racing with Ride tires. One of them just switched to an aluminum chassis and liked the way it changed the response of the car. He complained just one thing: Since the switch the tire wear was much higher.
Did you check your tires afterwards? How did they wear, did they heat up stronger than with the standard chassis? I think this question is important for all the summer events and stock classes.
Edit: One thing suddenly came to my mind. If we as drivers have the option to switch between chassis, the change itself will cost a lot of time, because we would have to rip off the esc, receiver, balanceweights, fan and transponder. Maybe you can extend your chassis idea with a clever option part to make the life of the dedicated racer easier