R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 11:35 AM
thecaptain
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Our color has always been black too!

While the chassis are being cut right now, we still have to discuss the finish with them. The advantage of hard anodizing is more wear resistance and hardening, which allows us to lighten the chassis slightly more.

I had a fantastic day of testing with it. Even though our track was not "prime" yesterday, I was finally able to match the pace of my Yokomo with it in 17.5. I have always been about .15 seconds faster with the Yokomo on this layout. I can say that is finally not the case. So for me, this chassis has made the car faster around the track. I think that on a day that the track has more traffic and higher grip, it might actually be capable of up to a tenth faster lap.

I really like the feel of the weight down low. The car seems to transition faster left to right. It is also awesome over corner dots, when you tap them, the car just stomps the tires down on the track and keeps going. It's actually kinda cool to see it!

I do a lot of the testing with 17.5 because it is what most people run and also really allows the car to be pushed constantly around the track. With limited power, I feel that your set up has to be very spot on to have the combination of corner speed, stability and traction.
Should I assume your using the aluminum chassis. How did the new cf chassis compare? Also what tire are you using?