R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Mr. Rick Hohwart, I have a couple of questions for you if you happen to stop by. I'm looking at your asphalt setups and noticed a couple things that seems to stick out. You seem to narrow the car in the front in both setups and run with positive toe on the front. The HPI silvers seems to be a staple across most AE setups I've seen. Is this pretty standard for asphalt? I'm new to racing and was just starting to get the feel for a carpet setup...now we're moving to asphalt and was curious where to start on the setup.
The narrow front track is standard for asphalt for me. Positive toe (toe out) is common in most setups on and off road, 1/12, etc.

HPI silvers and AE silvers are very close in spring rate and performance. I do feel that the HPI drive softer than the AEs even though the rate is slightly higher. But this could be due to slight variations in production. Both are good options.

My Speedtech GCR7 setup works well for me on a variety of tracks but when the grip is low it may not be the best option. I ran a variation of this setup with my 6.1 with good results too so for me it is always a good place to start.