R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 04-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Justinb86
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hutobega
I am very interested in buying this RC car, but I am new and have many questions. I would be using it mainly for fun around parks and my home but wouldn't mind being able to try and race someday once I've gotten some practice in.
What I need to know is with the parts that do not come with the kit what should I get. I know its probably a lot of personal preference but any help would be appreciated. seems I need

2 channel radio
high speed servo
LiPo batteries
Charger
and a motor.

Anyone able to give me some good suggestions? not too expensive seeing as I am a beginning. Thank you in advance for any help! Also this is my first post I hope I did it right hehe.
Airtronics MT4 radio
Spectrum S6040 servo
Promatch racing square pack
Junsi I-charger if u have the cash.or Pro tek
Tekin or reedy 8.5t

The MT-4S is a amazing radio that's worth every penny and then some. If it was out 6 monthes ago I wouldn't have bought the M12. These radios almost eliminate latency all together making u feel more connected to Ur car. I thought that was a bunch of BS and a waste of money. Till I tried it for my self. A good radio is the most important investment in my opinion. Futaba is my close second. I used to have a Spectrum DX3R. Doesn't even come close to comparing. Buy a radio meant for racing. Not the one that looks cool.

Spectrum servo is titanium gears and very fast. I have 4 of them and have never had a issue. I have stripped the gears in the low profile S6070 I have 2 times. The S6040 appears to be stronger tho. It's got plenty of power. If it were any faster I would use my radio to turn the speed down.

Get a square or saddle pack for the extra weight. It will settle the car down and make it easier to drive in mod. Promatch offers top notch packs at a discount. Compare the performance to Pro tek but they don't cost as much.

I -chargers are nice but not necessarily a must. Just don't buy a bottom of the barrell charger.

Tekin and Reedy are both awesome motors in my book. They are very powerful and u won't be left wondering if u got a motor with enough power. They both seem to be very dependable. Tekin is my preference tho (just a loyalty thing) there are lots of good motors tho. Those 2 are a very safe bet tho.