R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 12:13 AM
dan_vector
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by svndayNZ
hi, a quick question for anyone that can answer it. I took my S411 down to the local track today, got halfway through a pack and was finding the thing an absolute pig to drive. It was spinning like top on the track. Letting go of power would see it swap ends. The kit is largely setup as stock so I pulled it off lay the back springs down put some softer springs on the back and tried again, absolutely nothing happened.

Was still horrible, one thing I struggle with having only owned tamiyas is how to setup these sway bars. I feel some of the lack of traction in the rear comes from A. The sway bars B. The front being too soft so the weight is transferring to the front too much.

It's the FF version but the principles remain the same, anyone have a video / link on setting up serpent sway bars?

Cheers

Dane
There is a thread specific for the FWD version. This thread is for the 4WD version.

You can find it at http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...light=S411+fwd

However to answer your Q the Sway bars are easy to set up. Start with the rods equal length and ensure the downstops are set correctly. Then with the wheels off the ground connect the sway bar and make sure there is no bias left or right. Adjust as required. Finally connect the shocks and tweek out the car as normal.

Also bring in the UK the grip is probably very low and so you'll need to set the car accordingly. What tires were you using?