R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Crashby
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SteveB
Wow, I didn't realize how old this thread is until I started looking for some of the servo numbers listed early on. I'm down to two things now, I need a servo for the car and a power supply for the battery charger.
Any one have suggestions?
Before choosing a power supply you first need to establish what amperage output the power supply needs to provide to meet all of your needs. If you are going to be using two chargers and you charge your batteries at 5 amps, then you need a power supply that would have an out put of a little over 10 amps. If you charge at 6 amps then the power supply needs to be at least 13 amps of out put. If you have a tire truer, com lathe, Novak discharge tray, etc. then obviously you will need a power supply that will power up all of your equipment.

We use the Rivergate REC30 which puts out 30 amps and also has a second out put that is adjustable for breaking in motors. While they are not cheap, $245.00 on line direct from Rivergate, they will more than meet any of your current needs and probably any needs you might have in the future. We power our Competition Electronics 35, a Hudy com lathe, a Hudy tire truer as well as two Novak chargers and discharge tray without worry. Sometimes we even have all the equipment going at the same time and it never falters.

Check them out.

http://www.rivergatedist.com/adjustnew.htm