R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2002, 04:40 AM
davidl
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Darnold - regarding tires, you didn't mention that TRC purple was on the front of the winning car at the Worlds. Then, the Jaco 35 is for front only and has only been available to team drivers in the past. Still don't know if you and I can get them.

Regarding the Yokomo 1/12 scale car, their website says the car will be available soon. I don't know if that is semantics on their part and they only intend to sell the chassis pieces or if they really will sell an entire car. The car that was run by my friend, Perry Caswell, in Maryland finally fell in his favor to the Associated 12L3, modified to be a lot like the CRC 6-Pack. Perry never runs a "stock kit" car. One of the things he learned was that the layout on the Yokomo chassis narrowed the front track. He didn't have access to a lot of choices for tires, so I think that made his change back to an American car a given. The Yokomo car appears to use a lot of Associated plastic in the suspension.

You mentioned the subtile changes to the Corally's. I have played with a 12M lately and added a VCS shock to the center. It is pretty stable, but had some steering issues. It would probably be pretty good on pavement, which was the surface used at the Worlds. I don't think we can go by that since we run carpet. Just wanted to bring that point to the conversation.

Tag, your it.