R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Erasus
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Steeze_McQueen
Finally got my chassis all put together! Just need my electronics to arrive and I'm ready to romp!! Can't wait for the FOW, so I'll cross that bridge when it arrives from Asia-land.
Welcome to RC drift, then! Hope you enjoy the ride.

Regarding assembly, just use the Manual, it is a very straight forward assembly, very easy. A bit like assembling a LEGO Technic Car The manual is really easy to figure out.
When assembling, you might want to use some oil to pre drill the holes, as most holes in the plastic are very tight and it can be a real pain to get the screws in. Lubing the Screws certainly helps.

I removed the front drivetrain now and try going full RWD. Modified the stock plastic steering assembly to enable bigger steering angle. Managed to get somewhere in the 80ish degree range.
WITH C-Hubs! I am currently low on cash so I will have to wait another month until I can get my C-Hub delete mod rolling.

I managed to get my hands on a set of hard MST FR-F hard tires for the front and noticed that my self made Tires are actually A LOT harder than the MSTs, which explains why I`m absolutely unable to get the power down on the asphalt. Hoplessly spinning around, no progress made since going RWD at all.

Relocated the LiPo onto the rear diffuser, helps a bit , but not that much.

Does someone happen to know what ball bearings I need for the MST KPI shortarm knuckles to go with the MST Axles??

Some quick pics, please excuse the dirt, my home turf is pretty dusty and my camera catches EVERYTHING. Looks less awfull IRL.

Last edited by Erasus; 04-20-2014 at 06:56 AM.