R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 04-16-2014, 08:46 AM
rigor
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sorry... I may have brought this up prior.

I'm not understanding the indifferent to negative claim from many folks about the stock VTS slipper. Weight aside... is it bad ? I've always thought the VTS was a nice upgrade in adjustment and holding up from AE's previous standard slipper. I was quite happy with the VTS upgrade going from a B44.1 to a B44.2 . The VTS also seems to feel just fine with no change in performance to me on my B5m.

What am I missing here ? I still haven't run a Triad/Nova slipper setup. Really that noticeable? I hate plunking down money if it's just going to feel the same to me in the end.

A couple months ago, I was got into a conversation with a couple highly skilled drivers (perhaps AE team drivers, perhaps not) here at home in OC that I trust. These 2 drivers did nothing but slipper testing for like 2 days straight. In the end, the standard AE slipper with the vented plates and high torque pads was the most consistent and preference of choice. In fact, they both still run that setup over all other options. Just something to think and add to the tuning options I suppose.

Last edited by rigor; 04-16-2014 at 08:59 AM.