R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT-E
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Voltron989
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Get the red springs for the rear.
Raise ride height 9F/10R
More rear droop u should be closer to 8-10mm over ride height.
Front sounds close maybe a hair more
Get the 10 degree CHubs and the 0degree steering blocks they will provide the biggest change for you. Don't buy from amain they are wayyyyyy over priced.
I order all my serpent parts from [email protected]
On average 30 percent cheaper then amain.
Other stuff that may help with turn in is -2mm front hexes and go even softer (1.9-2.1) front sway bar but stick with 2.3mm at first
If u don't have the hard servo spring also order that to. The stock is too soft.
My shock positioning is #2 hole on front shock tower and B Position on arm
Rear #3 on tower and B on arm.
All my roll centers are stock. I would bring yours all back to stock and then fine tune the car after making the changes mentioned. The C-hubs and steering block will bring the steering alive. The chassis has to much kick up so they are really needed.

Take pro drivers setups with a grain of salt. They run on a completely different track then you(large and high traction) and drive very different. Their cars are built for response and speed and are very hard to drive consistent to an average driver. Softening and raise your car will make it less responsive but give you more roll/traction.

Zero everything out(stock) except for the things I mentioned then try the car and go from there with the fine tuning. My car drives very well with that set up. Last year I was able to get my fast lap on a unprepped track within 0.2 seconds of desoto jrs fast lap (prepped) of the weekend. Granted my car is a few mph quicker then his on the back straight and we run different tires but it was still a proud accomplishment for me lol.

Other setting for my car is
1.25 degrees front toe
2 degree front camber 3 degrees in the rear.
With a 16T pinion on a 2650 it's going to give your car a lot of low end torque so make sure your current limiter is set low. I run a 20T and have mine at 50% and I should be lower. You should be no more then 30-40 for the current limiter and not to much drag brake if you running any at all.