R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbywing Xerun V3
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 11:38 AM
zixxerluv
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did I fry my esc? I was experimenting with boost and turbo on the car stand, and suddenly the positive battery lead and the "B" lead from the motor both de-soldered from the esc posts. There was a spark, but no smoke. Disconnected the battery immediately.
So, I soldered the connections back together and tried it all again. The motor moved twice upon applying throttle, then nothing at all. I then realized that I had forgotten to plug in the sensor cable. That done, still nothing. The motor (HW 4700) would take off if I helped it by spinning the shaft with throttle applied. But once at rest... nothing.
Decided to try another motor (Tenshock 4000) that I know works, and still nothing on its' own. Except with this one, after spinning it to make it move and then allowing it stop, the light on the esc flashes white (green/red, I assume) rapidly. Then the motor just vibrates when throttle is applied.
What have I done to my beloved V3!?
Update: Put my 4700 back on my SCT Pro, and it works like a champ. V3 is officially messed up Still not sure what happened.
Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by zixxerluv; 04-13-2014 at 01:42 PM.