R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 03:37 AM
KalEl63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel
Coming from a DEX210 that I just couldn't get along with, I built my first Kyosho in Mid Motor. I am the only one at my local track with a Kyosho buggy. The fellow races stared with envy, as others claimed mid motor at our indoor medium traction clay track would NEVER work as well. 99 percent run B4/B5 and 22, those seem to get a lot of attention. I'm actually ok being the only K driver yet alone only mid motor in the field dominated by popular RM setups.

Building this thing wasn't on the easy side without lots of internet help… THANKS EVERYONE on this forum. I used the Cody King setup with a few tweaks. No additional weight and battery in the middle position with 3.5 degree rear toe. After 1st lap I knew it had better feel than my DEX210. It turns more aggressively and jumps flatter just like other initial impressions. One thing I noticed is how much quicker it reacts when the buggy gets loose from improper corner entry. I run the Gold springs front and rear as we have lots of jumps, large and small. I also put the chassis protector on, as the rear of the chassis in mid motor takes a fair bit of abuse, this thing does slap -- 23-24mm ride height.

All in all I'm pleased and despite what others think I am staying MM. I don't know if it's the buggy itself or just a day where I was "on" but I managed to pick up a lap and my consistency has improved. My friend noticed trackside that my buggy was the only one that seemed smooth. He felt the competition looked like they were hanging on too much.

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
I, like you am the only Kyosho as well. We run on a low traction bumpy track and this past weekend we had our season opener. I was the only MM on the field and I started 2nd in the A Main and finished 2nd. Im usually bottom of the A Main sometimes B Main. Im running Tebo's Reedy Race Setup
With these two posts it has made me even more eager to get to the track and try the MM set up