R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 05:19 PM
davidl
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
So to convert the xti into an altered ego you need the altered ego conversion and the transverse kit ? It doesn't seem like the xti tweak plate works quite right. Why doesn't the altered ego conversion come with the correct tweak plate ? To me that seems just stoopid to have a conversion that doesn't come with a very important part.

This doesn't make sense. I started with the regular Xti that had the tweak plate for inline battery running. I bought the Altered Ego conversion kit and got a new chassis plate that would work either inline or transverse battery position. I also got a new lower motor pod plate, an upper motor pod plate, a tweak plate that will work with transverse battery position, an antenna mount, the longer side links for transverse battery and battery positioners that are used for transverse battery mounting. So, combining the two kits together, I could build any of the combinations, long/long, short/long, long/short and short/short with batteries either inline or transverse.

So, in my mind, it appears that you got the wrong parts in the Altered Ego conversion kit.