R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Got-R/C?
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcobra
What's wrong with the pre-cut bodies? Seem to fit very well. One tip is to chop the nose of it off that goes through the front shock tower. If you don't when the chassis flexes on a bad landing it will rip the front off at the body mount hole. With my current body I chopped of the nose and double layered drywall tape and shoe goo on the body mount holes. Seems to be holding up well.

Side note: I do hate the way Losi nitro bodies comes pre-cut. Plenty of people converting the truggy to electric that would prefer the body not to be pre-cut.
To add on that, I don't think they leave enough material on the nose which also makes the body weaker and more prone to flexing or stretching and breaking off. I also prefer to cut it myself plus I like having extra material when painting to test.

Originally Posted by symmetricon
So I got to run my buggy for the first time this weekend at the Roar nats warm up race and it was stellar with drakes setup with a few tweeks. I decided to make the switch from my HB D812 which I really loved...
The new proline ions are money!
I was also present, which car was yours?