R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 03-30-2014, 07:04 AM
pumpkinfish
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickster
hey pumpkinfish..

on your setup its hard to say as tracks around country even though yours is hardpack its a different surface then what ryan ran on at cactus.. and I am sure your driving styles are not the same either.

what are your jumps like? big ? small? is track smooth or bumpy hard pack? all make a difference.

go back to a 1.6 pistion front and back, 35 wt front, 32 back with whites all around, arms level front and bones level back. use the 30 deg. block instead of the 25 with the 0 inserts.. here are the tricks.. take the 2mm spacer out from behind the front hub and replace with 1mm spacers on each side of hub, this puts more weight over front of car and will provide more steering. run battery in middle, use a 81 spur and go to outside hole on tower in back with hub in mid position. shorten your rear camber one hole in on hub. 1 deg. neg camber front and back with 0 toe. and the 3/1 block..

this should be a good start point
Rickster, our track has one group of triples that are "big" and the rest of the track is smaller jumps. I only used the Cactus setup as that was the only one out when I built thecar. I'll try out your setup this coming week. maybe I canmake changes and get some prctice time before race day. With all the spring sports starting and two kids time is getting short!