R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MUGEN SEIKI MRX5
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 06:49 AM
MugenDrew
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kanea6
Have any of you had any problems with the fuel tanks lately? I've bought 3 brand new ones and not one of them would seal correctly, I'm not too sure if it's the seam that's leaking or the lid? I keep having fuel all over my car after a run and every time it was refuelled it was done very carefully not to spill any so we can see what's happening, I've replaced all the fuel line etc but after 3 brand new tanks I finally have a tank that's not leaking. Anyone else having this problem????????
I have never had a single issue with a Mugen tank. However here are some tips for keeping a prefect seal at the tank neck. When not in use either remove the o-ring from the lid or place a piece of a zip tie between the tank neck and lid. This will allow the tank neck to shrink down and the o-ring to expand. Whenever fueling always allow the tank lid springs to slam the lid closed.
Normally if you have a leak at the seam with a full tank the car will become most when sitting and if you run it the car will shut off/stop running a little bit past the half way point.
With the five be sure you have not mounted the receiver battery to far towards the rear (bins against the tank) or to far forward (leads or battery will make contract with front belt drive pulley).